Tuesday, July 12, 2011

10 Tuesdays of Me! - 6 Places



I'm going to do 2 lists for this.  6 Places that I loved having been at and 6 places I hope to go one day.

6 Places I loved being:
  1. In the hospital when I first held both my girls.  Those two moments were two of the best of my life.
  2. In the car with Mikey when we went on our vacation to South Dakota five years ago.  South Dakota was nice, but I think the fun of going with him was probably the best part of that.  The Badlands are pretty awesome though.
  3. In my Great Aunt Phyl's house.  I loved that house.  I have great memories of being there when I would walk the mile over from my Grandma's and I have great memories of being there when I lived there with my parents.  Sometimes I'm sad that they don't still live there.
  4. On the basketball court in high school.  I wasn't really all that good at basketball, but there was something about being out there and playing that I still have dreams about.  Now the locker room being yelled at by coaches and teammates...that's a different story...
  5. In my classroom when a student gets excited about something we are studying.  I'm a dork who loves all the stuff I teach and I get pretty excited when a kid shows some enthusiasm.
  6. My bed.  I love sleeping.  I particularly love when all 4 of take a nap on weekend afternoons in it.  That's pretty close to heaven for me.
6 places I hope to get to someday
  1. Yellowstone - we are actually sort of planning a trip next June with my parents to celebrate Mikey and I's 5th year wedding anniversary and my parent's 40th ann.   (I know we are soooo romantic - traveling with my parents for our ann.)
  2. Alaska 
  3. New York City
  4. Washington DC - I went in high school for a week, but I'd love to go back now and see all the history.  I could spends weeks in the Smithsonian I think.
  5. The East Coast - I love to take a trip where I visit major battle sites of the Revolutionary and Civil War.
  6. Europe - I went last summer with my aunt and her son's school group to England, Spain and Italy, but I would love to go again with Mikey and my girls (and probably my parents because I like their company).  Sweden in particular.  My brother-in-law is from Sweden and I think it'd be neat to see his home in person.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

great lists. I hope you get to NYC and DC I love both places.

MJW said...

I think #5 on the first list says a lot about you being a great teacher! I'm not there to witness it but I know that for me when a student actually thanks me for helping them achieve their goals and graduate, it makes me want to pat myself on the back. Isn't that why we do our jobs?! :)

I'd also love to go to NYC.

Great lists!

KimBerly said...

I love your list!! Great places!!