Saturday, June 25, 2011

Roo is 3!



Roo's 3rd birthday was last Friday (I'm a little behind posting this).  We asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she said camping, so we planned another weekend camping with my parents.   We tried to explain that she could get something new for her birthday, something she wanted.  Roo doesn't seem to "want" things though.  Maybe that means we give her too much stuff.  She wants to DO things, but she doesn't want stuff.





Anyway, the games to her iXL, which rocks by the way, were 1/2 off so we bought two of those.  She happened to see them so that is what she started asking for.  I'm not sure if she thought she could only ask for things we already had or what.  We did put those on her game for her.






The other thing we got her was a new bike.  We had looked at about 10 at garage sales and they were all in pretty sad shape - broken seats, broken training wheels, really rusty, etc.  So Mikey went to the store and found what he deemed the perfect bike that she would love always.  It was pretty cute how excited he was about it.








Overall she loved going camping, but really didn't seem to "get it" that is was her birthday.  She loves hanging out with her grandma and grandpa so I think that was nice for her.  It's funny how if they don't see each other weekly both the grandparents and Roo act like they've been separated forever.

4 comments:

The Tompkins Family said...

She is simply awesome!

Robyn said...

Happy Birthday to your Roo. Looks like she had a good time camping. PB asks for stuff all year long for her birthday. I've also been super lucky with bikes and rummage sales. I got a good princess bike last year for $5 and when I found out I was moving I lucked out and found a dora one with training wheels that was basically brand new for $5. I'd like to get a bike for me with the kid bike attachment.

Danifred said...

Happy Birthday big girl!

MJW said...

Love the pictures. I see so much of you in her and even your mom in her. She's so cute! I love that she didn't ask for anything. She's a sweetie!