Friday, June 10, 2011

FNL - These are the days of our lives


  • I actually ate leftovers tonight for supper, which reminded me I should write my bloggy leftovers.
  • The term "friend" on Facebook is, in my opinion, slowing eroding what that word really means.  I'd say I have a dozen or so "friends" who are not my friends by Webster's standards.   There are a few that if saw them in real life in the grocery store for example, I would turtle-up and avoid them at all costs.
  • Roo declared tonight that she will be referring to me as "Mom" now, not Mommy, because, in her words, she's 3 and not a baby anymore.  Then she added, "just so you know."  Interesting.  Particularly since she is only 2 until next Friday.
  • So next Friday is Roo's birthday.  We are going camping with my parents because she loves camping and I think she'll love having her birthday there.  Because of this plan, and the fact that my sister is leaving for Sweden and doesn't really have time to take a weekend day to "party" for a 3 year-old, we were going to forgo the party.  (She didn't say this, just my courtesy to her on my own.)  Unfortunately Mikey's family threw a fit last year when we were going to forgo the party for camping, so we are having them over on Sunday. Last year we just skipped the camping and had a party, but we didn't succumb quite so much this year.
  • I have at least 3 memory card readers.  Do you think I can find any of them so that I can post some pictures of my ladies?  Of course not... 

Head over to Danifred's and enjoy the leftovers.

    5 comments:

    For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

    it's a bummer when others make us feel like we have to do things like host parties. Especially when it is in laws :) enjoy the camping weekend.

    Awww, the mama/mommy/mom thing is sad to me. Charley still calls me mama most of the time. So funny that she knows it is about getting older.

    Megan said...

    Growing so fast! there is no joy in grading 150 papers, none at all! Except, of course, when they are done. :-)

    Danifred said...

    Tot started calling me "mom" for a while when she was three or four. It was short lived (thankfully), but she thought she was a little hot shot.

    Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

    I just started getting "Mom" from Hailey...it's breaking my heart little by little.

    I heard that the second they blow out their candles on their third birthday cake, things change...not looking forward to it (I mean, I am, but I don't know if this house can handle much more attitude)!

    KimBerly said...

    Jake calls me Monny. He hasn't mastered Mommy yet.