Monday, June 6, 2011

Back again!

I've been a horrible blogger lately.  Mostly because my little Pj has gotten big enough that I can't hold her and type at the same time.  I've been doing okay with keep some pictures updated on facebook for my family to see, but you don't really get to add your "thoughts" there so I'm truly planning to come back to blogging.  I'm going to do a little update of both girls and our summer so far. 

Pj - 3 1/2 months



  • Pj now rolls over, but only from her tummy to her back.  She LOVES being on her back so I don't anticipate her rolling back to tummy any time soon.
  • She is becoming quite the chunker.  I've been keeping up with her pretty well on nursing, but not always so she gets the occasional bottle of formula.  
  • She has started giggling, literally giggling.  It's adorable.  I've been trying to capture it on video so I can add it here. (I know you are thinking "Yeah right you only update this every two months..." but I really have been thinking that)
  • I don't have her height/weight stats - she has her 4 month appt in a couple of weeks and I'll get the official details then.
Roo - almost 3


  • Roo is talking up a storm.  She has been talking for a long time, but lately she's been really upping the vocabulary.  For example, she "decorates" things and says things are "ridiculous" (which I think is her way of swearing about things).  She also knows most of her animals and is really specific about them - though I have no idea where she learned them.  She told me the other morning that she planned to wear her Ariel socks and then added "just so you know."  My sister asked me how she was learning all of these, and my reply was "TV."
  • She has always been an independent little girl when it comes to playing, and this summer has been no exception.  She can keep herself entertained for hours.
  • No stats on her either - I'm going to ask at Pj's appt if they can do her too since it will be just a few days past her 3rd birthday.
Me and Mikey
  • I've been enjoying having some free days this summer, but still haven't gotten too much time to myself away from work.  I'm hoping July will be mostly work free except for the things I want to do for my classes.
  • We have went camping a couple of times now and hope to go more this summer.  We love camping, but it's not "real" camping.  We have a camper complete with air conditioning and a bathroom.  Probably doesn't meet a lot of people's definitions of "camping," but I really don't think we'd go much if we were tentin' it.
And finally an apology.  It seems like there are a few of you that I know because I read your blogs and feel a connection.  Lately I haven't even been commenting (see two handed issue above) and obviously haven't been updating my blog.  Kinda makes me feel like either a stalker or a friend that never shares her life.  I've had a couple of "friends" who no matter what you ask just won't share much of themselves and those people annoy me.  I'll try to stop being one of those people.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

MJW said...

I'm so happy to see you blogging again! Lovin' the pictures! PJ is such a cutie. Once again I see so much of you in Roo. She's adorable! Hope you guys are well! Someday I think we should get together! Take Care!

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

loved the updates! no worries on no commenting, not that it is me you are tlaking about. Just sayin' that I feel the same way a lot of the time and you can't be hard on yourself. Life is busy. Your hands are meant to be lovin up that little PJ right now. They get so big so fast.

KimBerly said...

I just have to say that your girls are so cute!

I'm a new follower so I have a lot of reading to do.