- Mikey calls her our "Diva." Compared to Roo she is cranky and makes sure we pay attention to her.
- On the other hand, for a Diva, she sleeps remarkably well (knock on wood). It's not that she is sleeping for incredibly long stretches, but she does sleep in crib and in her little bed in our room pretty easily.
- Some of that credit probably needs to go to the swaddle blanket thing with velcro that we got. We tried to swaddle Roo, but she always wriggled out of it. I'm apparently swaddle impaired without velcro. I can feed her at night, then change her and put her in the swaddler and she's out. With Roo I'd be petrified of burping her after her last bottle for fear she'd wake and I wouldn't be able to get her to go back to sleep.
- PJ is also a really good self-soother. During the day I hear phantom baby all the time. I lay her down in her crib and go to do dishes or laundry or whatnot and I'll think I hear her. When I go in her room she's laying peacefully. I know she squawked, but she just goes back to sleep.
- We call our little PJ several things: Lisity, Lissy, Tiniest and Diva. I'm thinking Diva will not be the nickname that sticks. My guess is either Lisity or PJ. We'll see. Mikey says Lisity more and I say PJ more and Roo prefers her whole name - last name included. As long as people don't call her Phyl I'll be happy.
- She is still wearing newborn clothes, although they are a bit tighter fitting. I need to try to weigh and measure her - but I'm thinking that will be a 4 weeks, 1 day activity.
In other news:
- Roo is doing pretty well with being a big sister. She has stayed home with me the last week, which has been nice but stressful. I'm not good without sleep and she has just not been good at times.
- Mikey started a new job at the same company. He LOVES it. He now works in the office instead of production and the hours are 8-5 instead of 5-5. I love it too...he's not nearly as cranky when he gets to sleep normal hours.
- I love being home with my little girls, but part of me is ready to go back. I think since I know I have too I have been trying to find the things that will be "nice" about being back at work. Admittedly those are few and far between. I am looking forward to being back with my students.