Friday, January 21, 2011

I'm back...Leftovers Style



So maybe leftovers aren't appropriate for my bloggy guests after not posting for 6 months, but it's what I'm serving.  I will try to post a super-size update soon.

Onto the Leftovers:
  • Roo is now 2 1/2 and talks up a storm, loves to sing and "cook" for us.  Her cousin that is 3 months younger doesn't talk much, but he is mostly potty-trained.  There are days when I think I'd prefer the potty-trained to the talking.
  • As a bit of an explanation to why I haven't been blogging much for the past 6 months, I was given a new position at school of Asst Network Manager (aka Computer person).  This, combined with the 6 classes I teach and trying to do 8 weeks of sub plans for my maternity leave is keeping me pretty busy.  I'm hoping to get back to blogging regularly once I get all my sub plans done.
  • Did I mention that doing 8 weeks of sub plans (although I will probably only be gone 6 weeks) for 5 preps is a major pain and undertaking.  Luckily since the school went 1 to 1 all the kids have laptops and I have basically turned all of my classes into online classes.  My friend/teacher thinks I'm making myself more work doing it this way, but I don't really know how else to do it.  Not something they go over in college or as professional development - how to make weeks of sub plans.  (Maybe I should ask for this on our next "Suggestions for PD" form. :) )
  • Mikey starts a new job at the place that he currently works the week after next.  He is really excited about it and so am I!  He currently works 50+ hours a week and leaves at 4:45 am.  With this position he'll work 40 hours a week and won't have to leave till 7:15 - which means he can take the kiddos when I have an early morning.  PLUS he won't be so tired all the time from getting up at 4.  Woohoo!
  • Baby #2 is due March 1st, but since Roo was a C-Section this one will be too (please don't comment about how I should try a VBAC - can't have one so please don't try to make me feel guilty).  I saw the surgeon yesterday and I'm now waiting for his nurse Dori to call me and schedule my day.  Seems pretty weird that I will have a "appointment" to have a baby.
  • We wanted to find out the sex of the baby but it is apparently modest and wouldn't show us the goods at the ultrasound (I only get one unless I want to fork over the $ out of pocket for a second).  This leads me to believe it's a girl b/c it seems like a boy would be all about showing itself off.
  • On Thursday I went to the dentist again. The hygienist was looking at Roo's teeth and asked if I had other children.  I said that I would in 6 weeks.  She just looked at me and then my stomach and goes, "oh really?"  SERIOUSLY!?!?  I'm 34 weeks pregnant here!  8 Months!  I can't decide what is ruder; asking someone who isn't pregnant if they are, or suggesting that someone 8 months pregnant just looks fat?
Well thanks for visiting after my long absence.  Don't forget to head over to Danifred's and check out the other leftovers!

PS:  I apologize for all the lurking I've been doing the last 6 months.  There are many bloggers that I have missed and I hope to start commenting again.

8 comments:

Robyn said...

Good to see you again!

Mom24 said...

Good to see you back. Congrats on the new baby. How exciting!

Congrats too on the new position. Sounds like things are really good.

Good luck with everything.

Rebecca said...

Well, hello there!

Don't go ruining your vagina with a VBAC...stick with the slice and dice! LOL

I love the fact that she didn't know you were prego...that's awesome!

Jen K. said...

Seeing this post made me very happy today :) Glad to be back in touch with you.

My BFF is in the same situation with the c-section and VBAC. She really wanted the VBAC, but she's have to travel more than an hour away, and most like would still have to do the c-section. So from her, I know the dilemma over that. So hugs there.

Missed your posting!!

Danifred said...

So happy you are back!
I had 2 c-sections, neither were an option for me. It is what it is. The way I see, I won't be peeing when I sneeze and everything down there is still intact :)
Can't wait to see some new pictures and to hear all about life with you!

The Tompkins Family said...

Welcome back! I've thought of you from time to time...is that weird?!

MJW said...

Welcome back! I've been meaning to send you an email to see how things are going. Sounds like things are going well. Congrats on the new job and Congrats to your hubby too! What does Roo think of the new baby? :)

Megan said...

I'm due in early March too- March 6. I don't think there is any doubt that someone would consider me 34 weeks- I am almost jealous of you! :-) I hope your pregnancy goes well for the rest of it and you get your sub plans together...I teach from home online- and so am not going to take a break...perhaps crazy? Probably!