So maybe leftovers aren't appropriate for my bloggy guests after not posting for 6 months, but it's what I'm serving. I will try to post a super-size update soon.
Onto the Leftovers:
- Roo is now 2 1/2 and talks up a storm, loves to sing and "cook" for us. Her cousin that is 3 months younger doesn't talk much, but he is mostly potty-trained. There are days when I think I'd prefer the potty-trained to the talking.
- As a bit of an explanation to why I haven't been blogging much for the past 6 months, I was given a new position at school of Asst Network Manager (aka Computer person). This, combined with the 6 classes I teach and trying to do 8 weeks of sub plans for my maternity leave is keeping me pretty busy. I'm hoping to get back to blogging regularly once I get all my sub plans done.
- Did I mention that doing 8 weeks of sub plans (although I will probably only be gone 6 weeks) for 5 preps is a major pain and undertaking. Luckily since the school went 1 to 1 all the kids have laptops and I have basically turned all of my classes into online classes. My friend/teacher thinks I'm making myself more work doing it this way, but I don't really know how else to do it. Not something they go over in college or as professional development - how to make weeks of sub plans. (Maybe I should ask for this on our next "Suggestions for PD" form. :) )
- Mikey starts a new job at the place that he currently works the week after next. He is really excited about it and so am I! He currently works 50+ hours a week and leaves at 4:45 am. With this position he'll work 40 hours a week and won't have to leave till 7:15 - which means he can take the kiddos when I have an early morning. PLUS he won't be so tired all the time from getting up at 4. Woohoo!
- Baby #2 is due March 1st, but since Roo was a C-Section this one will be too (please don't comment about how I should try a VBAC - can't have one so please don't try to make me feel guilty). I saw the surgeon yesterday and I'm now waiting for his nurse Dori to call me and schedule my day. Seems pretty weird that I will have a "appointment" to have a baby.
- We wanted to find out the sex of the baby but it is apparently modest and wouldn't show us the goods at the ultrasound (I only get one unless I want to fork over the $ out of pocket for a second). This leads me to believe it's a girl b/c it seems like a boy would be all about showing itself off.
- On Thursday I went to the dentist again. The hygienist was looking at Roo's teeth and asked if I had other children. I said that I would in 6 weeks. She just looked at me and then my stomach and goes, "oh really?" SERIOUSLY!?!? I'm 34 weeks pregnant here! 8 Months! I can't decide what is ruder; asking someone who isn't pregnant if they are, or suggesting that someone 8 months pregnant just looks fat?
PS: I apologize for all the lurking I've been doing the last 6 months. There are many bloggers that I have missed and I hope to start commenting again.