Saturday, July 24, 2010

Summertime Blogging

Apparently summer and blogging don't go together well for me.   So I thought I'd do some bullet point updates:

  • Despite the fact that it is summer, I have spent a lot of time at school.  The Label Maker and I have become close friends, as all of the student's laptops had to have their names labeled on them.  That's all done now and I'm on to working on the staff development and lesson plans for my classes.  Oh where or where did my summer go?
  • I've been missing Roo since I've spent so much time at work.  We've spent a lot of time playing outside and going on walks to the park.  
  • We still haven't told many people about our coming addition.  We are planning to tell our families the first weekend in August.  I did tell my friend from school who has been struggling to conceive and it didn't go well.  She made lots of rude comments and hasn't called me back after I called her twice.  I'm bummed, but I saw it coming and really...what was I supposed to do?  I've gotten some good advice to give her time, but I'm not sure that's going to help.
  • We are heading out on a little vacation next week.  Taking the camper out "west."  It will be short, but it should be fun.

4 comments:

Robyn said...

I know summer and blogging is hard. Have fun camping.

Angie said...

Have a fun camping trip!!

It is hard for people who have trouble conceiving, but that is not excuse for her to treat you like that. It isn't your fault that you were able to.

((hugs))

jen said...

Hi there! Congratulations on your coming addition! How exciting! {sorry I didn't get around with the congrats sooner}

I hope you are having a great summer and enjoyed the trip out west!

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

Congrats again to you! So how far along are you? Your friend will come around, if she truly is a friend. Hang in there and give her time.

August is an inspiring time of year for teachers. Enjoy the last few weeks of summer with your little roo but also enjoy the excitement of fresh starts - of the best perks of the teaching profession.