Thursday, July 1, 2010

Is this too corny?

Everyone guessed it!  I'm expecting, but really not very far along(about 6 weeks)...so I'm a little worried about telling people, but Mikey wants to tell everyone now.

So we are going to tell the family in the next few weeks.  I was thinking it might be fun to have a little bbq or go out to dinner with people and have Roo wear this shirt...

from Cafe Press.

What do you think too corny?

Anyone have another really good idea?  I thought of the framed sonogram picture, but the hubs doesn't want to wait that long.

9 comments:

The Tompkins Family said...

I love it! That's how I told my hubby, Facebook and the blog world. Except I couldn't find anywhere that made shirts or onesies small enough for Samara so I had to make my own. Apparently her little bitty 6-9 month size means no siblings allowed!

Danifred said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! So excited for you! I think it's an adorable way to share the news! For Poppy, I had already taken pictures of our girls holding signs that said, "We're going to be big sisters" and then we had planned to send it through Kodak to everyone we didn't tell personally. I don't know what I'd do if I get a next time, but I love the shirt!!!

Leslie Collins said...

Congratuations! :) I kind of figured that's what was going on. Love the shirt, it's adorable and very fitting.

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

We put Charley's I'm a big brother shirt on Henry and then waited for people to notice...when we told family. It was kind of fun to see how long it took.

Serline said...

I like it... Congratulations and have a blessed weekend!

Christy said...

Congrats! I think that is the cutest shirt!!!! Not corny at all!

Robyn said...

Congrats!!! I love the shirt.

Marie said...

How exciting!! Congratulations!!! I think the shirt is adorable. My sister did that when she was pregnant w/her second. At her first child's first bday party she changed him into a new shirt after cake time and it said "I'm going to be a big brother". Do you know it took several minutes before anyone noticed? LOL!

~Niki~ said...

oh congrats to you! great idea!