Monday, May 17, 2010

My hope for these two...

This is a picture of my nephew B and Roo giving each other a big ol hug. They are buds, chums, comrades. They have so much fun together. I hope they keep having that much fun together.

I was lucky enough to have a cousin just a couple of months younger than me too. I went all through school with him. He was like my brother and we were buds, chums, comrades.

We are not so close now. We see each other at family events, but that is all. I'm not sure what separated us. Our lives are different and so are our priorities. I am a lot different from his wife, who is just...hmm...just different than me. As much as I try to like her, I don't know that I will ever be a person she will enjoy being around.

So my hope is that I have a picture of these two hugging when they are 30. Just as friendly and close as they are today.

3 comments:

Chrystal said...

I am sorry you two are not close. I saw this on FB and I loved it. Great shot. :)

Danifred said...

My nephew and Tot are just 6 months apart. I also hope that they are the best of friends, mostly because I just adore my brother!

MJW said...

I loved these pictures! Your daughter looks just like you! :)