Sunday, May 23, 2010

I'm going to miss this face...


I'm heading overseas for 10 days on Wednesday. I'm going with my aunt and her son's school group. I'm excited, but also REALLY worried about how much I'm going to miss my Roo.

So here's my question dear blogosphere...Should I take my laptop - my really expensive, hard to replace MacBook, so that I can Skype with my little girl?

My concerns:
- trying to lug my computer around
- worrying about breaking or losing it
- the 7 hour time difference will make it hard to skype with Roo and Mikey anyhow

But man, I would love to get to see my Roo...

Thoughts?


A Little More Info:  (in response to comments)
I'm going to Europe with a school trip.  My aunt wanted to go with my cousin's group, but didn't want to go "alone" and offered to take me.  I'm such a lucky girl.  :) We are going to London, Rome and Madrid, basically spending 3 days in each place.

I should have time in my room to use the computer, but with the time difference I'm wondering if that will mean I'm up at 2am to skype with my hubs at 7 here.

7 comments:

Danifred said...

I can't even imagine how much you'll miss her. Do you have a blackberry? I know mine has a skype application, although I've never tried it. Maybe it's time for a new phone ;)

Rebecca said...

I would totally bring it if there was no other way of communicating. Where are you going? Ya know...if you want me to know your entire life...I want to travel SO BADLY!!!

Leslie said...

It depends on the purpose of the trip. I've had friends that have gone overseas and taken their laptops and been fine. I went to Haiti last year and didn't take mine, but it wasn't that kind of trip.

I agree that the time difference is an important factor, need to make sure you'll actually be able to use it.

Chrystal said...

Ahh that is a hard one. I wouldn't take mine. Just take pictures of her and maybe you can call. Have fun! I can't wait to see pictures. Take lots so I can be jealous.

~Niki~ said...

hmmm, I think if it were me I would NOT take it. But I'm a paranoid nut anyways LOL.

Robyn said...

I'd take it. My mom takes hers all the time. It is very nice to Skype when you are away. I did it when I went to Madrid. But there are things to consider, does the hotel you are staying at have wi-fi. Another thing is the time difference, when I used it, I called around 10-12 at night from Europe, so it was between 4-6 here. Another thing is, Roo might not understand that you are on the computer, I know my girl freaked a bit when she could see me, but I wasn't at home. But calling cards are easy to buy over there to just call. So maybe I've changed my mind and am telling you to leave it at home. BTW, I loved London and Madrid. I haven't been to Rome.

Serline said...

Suck it up and tote it along, sister! You're going to miss her so much, the sleep deprivation and hassles will be worth it ;-)