Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sewing Project 2,3,4 and 5

Just in case I have trouble meeting my 30 goal.  I'm counting these as #2-5 in my goal.

I went shopping with my sister the weekend before Easter to the fabric store.  She was really excited that I might make Easter dresses for her daughters and mine, especially since she is trying to save her $ to go to Sweden.  I said I'd make pillowcase dresses because from what I had scene on the web, they didn't look too hard.  She found a pattern for them (which I didn't need, but bought to make sure I had sizing right) and asked if I could make them with the band around the bottom.   It looked super cute, but I didn't consider how much extra time a little band around the bottom would be.

Overall, they didn't turn out perfectly, but they are really cute and who is going to snatch the dress off the little girl and turn it inside out to see how crooked some of my seems are?

Here's Roo in hers.  Please ignore her shoes.  I had bought her some cute hot pink Chuck Taylors to wear with the dress, but her feet were too wide for em.


Here are Roo and my nieces and nephews.  Roo and her cousin B are both 20 months-ish.  Then the girls are 4, 6 and 8 and my oldest nephew is 12.  People always tease my sister that she missed a kid.

My sister noted how I made them all the same length.  I think she was trying to be nice.  It did work out well though that the littler girls are above their knees b/c they would have ripped them right out otherwise.

11 comments:

Jenny said...

I LOVE these! My mom just sent me directions for making pillowcase dresses. I love the look! You did an awesome job!

The Tompkins Family said...

They look FANTASTIC!!! I'm impressed...you've sort of motivated me to dust off my sewing machine. Sort of...maybe...one day...

Chrystal said...

You are AMAZING. I want to sew more. I just can't seem to find the time. Them all being even makes the picture cool.

Jen K. said...

Those turned out super cute! Good job.

Marie said...

The dresses are amazing!!! How difficult are they to make? I am dusting off my sewing machines and would love to make matching dresses for my daughters.

MJW said...

Love the dresses. I'll probably never sew. :)

semicrunchymama said...

These are so cute! Great job! I find myself saving links to little girl sewing & craft projects, in case I ever have a daughter, and I'm hoping to someday have a reason to sew a ton of pillowcase dresses. They just look so sweet!

Krystyn said...

You did a great job...those dresses are super cute. I need to inspire my sister and mom to whip some of these up for my girls.

Danifred said...

Those are just the cutest little dresses! Nice work, Momma!

Fishsticks and Fireflies said...

Those are adorable and really turned out great! You are right in knowing that no one is going to inspect them to see if all of the seems are straight or not. What a fun project!

Robyn said...

Those are very cute!!