Monday, April 19, 2010

Goal Update and I'm not gone...

The combination of our internet being down at the house and my being crazy busy at school has lead me to not be able to blog much.  They finally got our internet working today again. 

At school I only have 7 days left with the seniors...that just seems crazy.  It's always a rush to the finish with them.  I have one girl who will be gone for various activities and I will only see her 2 more days, which just seems ridiculous.  This is the time of year when I start to think about how I'm going to miss them.  Thankfully I don't have a student aide this year so I don't have any that I really talk to everyday and therefore miss a whole lot.  My student aide last year was one of the nicest kids I have ever met and I looked forward to chatting with him everyday (and having him grade my papers of course).  I'm looking forward to graduation, which he will probably be at, and I can chat with him a little again.

On the home front I have spent the weekend doing some scrapbooking and got from the day Roo was born until her first Christmas all done, which was pretty exciting for me.  I'm hopeful that this summer I'll be able to scrap during her nap times.  I've also thought about trying to take my scrap stuff with me in our camper, but I'm not sure how well that will work.  I'm not a great scrapper so I'm not going to post any layouts.  I really have tried to make myself focus on speed more than greatness - better to have the pictures in there and journaled than to have them all in a box.

8 comments:

semicrunchymama said...

I used to teach preschoolers...and I'd feel so weepy when they moved up & out to kindergarden. The saddest thing, for me, was that if I saw them even a few years later, they'd have no idea who on earth I was. ::sigh:: At least your graduating students will still remember you! =)

I've got to start scrapbooking. My little guy turned two in February...and I have a box full of photos, scrapbook papers, and embellishments, along with a brand new scrapbook still safe inside it's wrapper. I really need to get started!

Jen K. said...

First off, I'm glad you are ok :) I was getting worried.

Second, your students graduate this early?? Wow. Our schools always went till mid-June.

Third, YAY for scrapbooking. I haven't done any pages in so long and I have no excuse except that I'm lazy.

MJW said...

I was about to email you and tell you that I missed your postings! I figured you just got busy! :) Welcome back to blogging!

Krystyn said...

Only 7 days with seniors? I thought my 2.5 weeks was crazy! Wow.

Glad you were able to stop in!

Robyn said...

I used to try and scrapbook when my girl would go to bed at night, but now she never goes to bed. I now have a doll house in my scrap room and she plays while I do. It can be a challenge finding the time. I'm sure your stuff is good! I totally scraplift from pagemaps all the time.

Danifred said...

There you are!
Horray for scrapping! I miss that creative outlet in my life. ... one of these days...

Marie said...

I'm glad you're back. :) You must be looking forward to summer even if you will miss your students. I know I sure am. I am so behind in my scrapbooking. I have no excuse either. I've GOT to make it a priority this summer.

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

This time of year is such a mix of emotions for educators. Enjoy all of them. Summer will be here before you know it. Good for you for scrapbooking...I know I would love it and love the finished product but I can't imagine the time and money it takes at this point.

Hope all is well! Happy Wednesday...since I am a little late on stopping by here!