Friday, April 9, 2010

FNL - Life needs to sloooooow down...


  • Roo has started talking up a storm.  It is hilarious at times.  She has started counting to 10.  It isn't always perfect, but she gets through em.  So cute.  It's also funny the words that she doesn't say  quite right.  For example, instead of "Love You" she says "Ahhhh Choooo," like she's sneezing.  Mikey calls her Princess Roo and she has started calling him "Princess Daddy" or "my princess."
  • This has been a crazy busy week...again...every morning I had to be to school early to teach an ACT Prep class and then after school we had prom decorating.  It was nice that the boys this morning at the ACT class thanked me and the kids put together an awesome prom for tomorrow.  
  • Oh...and about our names.  I keep forgetting to put that in.  My name is Laura.  I started with a pseudonym and decided to just go with Laura, not like it's uncommon or anything.  I'd give a prize to whoever can guess my middle name, but my parents are totally unimaginative and my middle name is probably the same middle name as 75% of Laura's.  My hubs name isn't Mikey and I don't call him that in real life, but it's all I could come up with.  His middle name is Michael.  My daughter's name is actually L.y.l.l.a (without the periods of course, it is unique and I don't want students or my mother-in-law googling her and finding my blog).  It is pronounced Lil-uh.  She is named after Mikey's dad who passed away shortly after we found out we were expecting her.  I started calling her Lil-uh-roo the first day she was born and have shortened it to Roo. 

10 comments:

The Tompkins Family said...

Oh my gosh...she calls her daddy Princess Daddy. I love it!!!! Is he a good sport about it?!

I absolutely love Roo's real name (and her nickname!)...so different but beautiful.

Mom24 said...

I love the name Lilla, very pretty. Of course I love Roo too, it's so cute.

I completely understand wanting the anonymity. I regret letting IRL people find my blog.

Fishsticks and Fireflies said...

Thank you for clearing that up! Seeing comments from Laura threw me the first couple of times! I too adore Roo's name - very pretty.

And I snorted laughing at Princess Daddy - that is AWESOME!

Danifred said...

Love her name! So pretty.

I'm going with Laura Ann. (?)

And, for the record, my husband and I have the most common names ever.

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

You are much more clever than I am!

My name...not so common and super easy to search and find...so I went with Mr. Thompson and Me.

Sounded like a good idea at the time.....

Jen K. said...

I'm going with Ann too...because are are not that far apart in age and Ann seems to be the middle name of choice for the parents in that generation (and my middle name too!). And my good friend is Laura Ann as well!

And I love the nickname Roo. Does she have her own stuffed Roo yet??

Mama Zen said...

Your daughter has such a lovely name!

Marie said...

I'm guessing your middle name is Marie. Because it seems that my first name is one of the most common middle names. I love your daughter's name and the story behind it. The learning to talk stage is one of my absolute favorites! Write all the sweet, funny and cute things she says down b/c even if you think you won't forget ever, you will. Better yet get it on video!

Jen K. said...

No posts for 10 days?!?! Hope all is ok!

Mar-Cee-Ah said...

I have Ann for a middle name
Guessing yours might be the same
My sis Laura has an Ellen, though
So that might be yours - when will we know?

Marie was a popular choice it seemed
While Lynn could be the the name you're deemed
So give me a shout when you have a chance
And if I'm right, do the happy dance!