Wednesday, March 31, 2010

WIMTSW



When the third prom sponsor didn't show up for decorating again and hasn't shown up at all and then said to the other sponsor and I that she wasn't going to stay at prom except for the meal and the other sponsor and I just looked at each other and then back and her and said, "okay,"

WIMTS: Are you kidding me? I totally understand wanting to be home with your baby, after all, that's where I want to be right now. However, we have the responsibility to do this stuff with the kids since we are assigned to be junior class sponsors. You knew at the end of the last school year that you were having a baby in February. You also knew that if you asked, someone else would be assigned to help us.  This is not your first baby so you knew you would not want to stay after school to decorate or be at prom from 5 to midnight.  

But really, should I be surprised?  Didn't you do the same thing to me when you had your first baby, except in that instance instead of shirking you prom duties, it was being head volleyball coach? 




See I would have said all that but
  1. it would have been a waste of breath b/c she's a habitual responsibility shirker so clearly it would have had no effect
  2. it was a lot to say in a minute before the juniors showed up
  3. I'm a pansy that dislikes confrontation (this is probably the most accurate)

8 comments:

Jenny said...

The dynamics of a school setting...sometimes I think we never really grow up! So many teachers are as bad as the kids!

I love this idea (WIMTS) but the only person I would want to type about gets my blog e-mailed to them daily...oops! ; )

Christy said...

aw that sucks. I'm sorry you couldn't say it to her, but I bet it felt good to get it out here, lol.

Brittney said...

That sucks, I know wanted to tell her!
Some people just have no respect!

Danifred said...

Yep, some people really suck. Maybe you should just tell her and get it over with.

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

ugh, that would make me so crabby. Maybe wait until it passes and then bring it up before the next experience happens....if you have to keep getting assigned to things with her.

Robyn said...

3 would be my biggest issue, but I think I would've said something to her.

Kmama said...

I dislike confrontation too, which is why WIMTS is usually a great stress reliever for me! LOL

Messy Mommy said...

Ugh! That stinks when people won't do their part!