Thursday, March 18, 2010

Photostory Friday: Arenacross Baby!

I love anything racing.  I think is because my dad worked most of my childhood so when I did spend time with him we were doing something relating to racing.  If he wasn't working or sleeping I was spending time with him and even sometimes when he was working (he worked for a farmer part-time nights and weekends so I spent a lot of time in a tractor, often listening to racing on the radio).

So when I saw that an Arenacross was coming to the MAC I was super excited and so was my dad.  It was funny when I called him to ask if he wanted to go b/c he sounded like a little kid - all excited - and he is usually pretty low key.  He smiled like this pretty much the whole time.  This is not the most flattering pic of him, but does show his grin for the night.


Mikey and my younger brother went with us.  Mikey was not quite as excited, but said he would go again, especially if we took Roo next time.

It was really loud, but pretty exciting.








They even had little guys, which was fun to watch.



Even funner with the little guys was the post race interview.  This little guy when asked who he would like to thank said, "My mom, my friend Justin, my sponsors."  The interviewer asked for anyone else and he goes, "My friend Justin and my mom said I should thank my dad since he sets up my bike and takes me riding." 


They also had some cool freestyle riders.  They also advertised a freestyle motorcross in April.  When I went and looked up when it was - April 10th, Prom - man, that stinks.  (I'm a sponsor, not a junior/senior)

 

 I even got the autograph of the winner!  How cool!

 








PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily

10 comments:

Danifred said...

That does look like a lot of fun, but I bet it was LOUD in there :)

Rachel said...

WOW -- great action shots! Your dad looks so cute with his grin. :)

Honey Mommy said...

I bet my boys would LOVE this!

Chris said...

That is an adventure -- those guys are NUTS!

Prairiemaid said...

Glad you guys had such a good time. Your dad looks like he is thoroughly enjoying himself.

You got some great pictures! Awesome!

Have a great weekend.

Michelle Leigh said...

I love that picture of your dad. I think it's an awesome memory you captured there! What a special night!

Cecily R said...

I LOVE LOVE the picture of your dad...that grin says it all.

Ryanne said...

wow that looks like a lot of fun. I have only had the chance ot watch it on TV.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Racing is SO much fun! Glad that you went and enjoyed it!

Krystyn said...

Wow...that's crazy. What a great time.