Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Photography - The Exposure Triangle

The Blogography Challenge this time was about the Exposure Triangle. The tutorial was a great refresher for me and reminded me that I really tend to focus on Aperture and Shutter Speed almost to the exclusion of ISO. I did have my camera on 200 ISO, but then I struggled to take pictures in the evenings at my house with just the ambient light. I prefer not to use flash. So for my part of the challenge I started upping my ISO at night.

This is the picture I am entering this time.

My settings were F 1.4, SS 1/100 and ISO 800.  I probably could have had my ISO a bit lower and still got this shot, but I'm really happy with the results.

I like it even better in black and white..

I took this picture last Friday evening when Roo was about to be going to bed. I was telling my hubs about some of my worries from the week and felt Roo lean against my leg. I happened to have my camera right be side me and snapped this picture. She looks like she is just focused on what I am saying and leaning on me to show me she cares. After I took the picture she wanted up and gave me a hug.

It was probably b/c she was tired and ready to head to bed, but it just seemed so sweet of my little girl. I also used the picture on the front of a 'thinking of you' card I made for a friend on Monday night. I thought it was appropriate.



Head over to Better in Bulk or Manic Mother and add a submission of your own.

PS: I'm just grinnin from ear to ear here because Manic Mother picked my entry last time as her favorite. Thanks! You made my day!

11 comments:

Lolli said...

I LOVE the picture that you chose!! I agree--it looks perfect in Black and White! Sorry about my button not working. It is a finicky bugger on Wordpress. It seems to always add extra code when copied into blogger. :(

Rudy Rukus said...

Great picture. It is so cute!!

Danifred said...

Beautiful picture and adorable subject :)

Jenny said...

She's adorable! Great picture too!

Bri said...

That's a cool photo in both color and B&W. For an ISO 800 shot it's not noisy at all. Your baby, btw, is adorable :)

Manic Mother said...

Ooo I love the black and white one too!

Jenny said...

That is such a sweet shot! She is beautiful!

Marie said...

how sweet! great photo!

t.bird said...

i love it!
i really need to practice more with my shutter/ISO- etc etc speeds. i need mroe time in the day- and more light!!!

(ad thank you for always visiting/commenting on my blog- i REALLY appreciate it)

Chrystal said...

Awesome picture. Your subject is beautiful. You changed your header, right? I love it!

Prairiemaid said...

I love both pictures. So sweet! I really need to work on my photography skills.

Thanks for stopping by today!