Monday, March 15, 2010

MEme Monday: Proms

My students are always *shocked* when I tell them this.  We didn't have prom at my HS.  Last year one of the juniors asked me if that was b/c it didn't exist yet that long ago.  Sweet kid, huh?

What we did have was Activities Banquet: 3 hours of awards after eating basically crappy food and wearing what is more than likely a very uncomforable dress.

Here is Mikey and I at our senior Activities Banquet.
 

What is really crazy about this is that I was so self-conscious of how "fat" I was.  Oh, to be that "fat"
again...


Get out your scanner or, if you are youngin' upload your pictures and play along with Supah.



10 comments:

Messy Mommy said...

NO PROM?!?!?!??!

Shell said...

You look so cute!

Robyn said...

I wish I was as fat as I was in HS too.

Leslie Collins said...

No prom?? Crazy . :) Adorable pic. :)

Holly at Tropic of Mom said...

You and your date are so cute!

We didn't get a prom either. The school called it "The Junior/Senior." Just getting dressed up and no dancing.

debi9kids said...

Doesn't it make you want to kick yourself? I did the same thing way back when...complained about "how fat" i was. UGH! If only I was "that fat". Sheesh!

Great flash-back pic!

Danifred said...

Perspective is an amazing thing, isn't it?

Kelly Deneen said...

Awesome picture! Love it!

(And we only had prom every other year, so I sort of know what you mean.)

Momisodes said...

LOVE that photo.

And I totally wish I were that "fat" again too.

alita said...

I loved my Jr. Prom, but I could have lived without going to my Sr. prom.

Oh by the way you have such a fun blog. I hope you don't mind if I follow along. :)