Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday Night Leftovers - 3/26



I'm participating in Friday night Leftovers hosted by Sippy Cups are Not for Starbucks.

  • This has been a long week...l  o  n  g      w  e  e  k.  On Tuesday night I drove a van full of teenagers an hour and half to compete in a quiz bowl (which unfortunately was not successful for the kids) and then drove them back to school and another half hour home.   That wore me out.  Then yesterday I helped a track meet after school by picking which, since I get so nervous I'll pick the wrong kid, wore me out too.  Plust this time of year is crazy for us.  Kids are gone for so many activities that it is hard to keep track of it all.  Plus some of the seniors only have 12 full days they will be in school.  I'm SOOOOOO glad it's FRIDAY!
  • Mikey took Thursday off because he was in a "use it or lose it" situation with a day of leave.  He kept Roo all day and they had a good time.  He "got lots done," but unfortunately his idea of "lots done" never includes any housework.  Instead I came home to an even bigger disaster than I had left.  Was going to tackle that tonight, but decided to kick back.
  • We are headed to an Easter Egg Hunt tomorrow morning with my sister and her kiddos (she has 5, have I mentioned that?)  I went last year with her and her 4 oldest, leaving the babies with the husbands at her house.  I don't know why they call it a "hunt."  There is no hunting involved.  It would more appropriately be called a Easter Egg and Candy Pick Up.
  • After the Hunt I am getting my hair cut and probably highlighted again (darn gray hairs!)  I hate getting my hair cut, but I also hate when it gets too long.  I have had so many bad haircuts with my curls that it always makes me nervous to go in.   Hair dressers seem to always want me to straighten my hair everyday and that's not going to happen.  I much prefer my 20 minute get ready time, from wake-up to out the door, to the hour it would take me just to straighten all of it.

5 comments:

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

ohhhh! Jealous of your hair appointment. I am in great need. I want to grow mine out but it is so hard to get through the yuck stage. Try and sit back and enjoy the "me" time.

The Tompkins Family said...

I got my bangs trimmed today! Good luck, hope it's a good haircut day tomorrow!

Danifred said...

I haven't had a haircut since last August, which I think is absolutely crazy. Sadly, I only care a little. I would take a good wax anyday over a haircut. Actually, scratch that, I'll take the massage over both of them.

Robyn said...

Thankfully no flat tire on this trip:)

Messy Mommy said...

I totally know what you mean about the hair. I used to have curly hair but it went "frizzy" when Otter was born. I miss it so much. Even though I hated it at the time it was so much easier!

I went to see a friend on Saturday and Hubby was supposed to take the kids to the Easter hunt. He was 15 minutes late and they missed it. :(