Monday, March 1, 2010

Goal Update: 30 dates will never happen...

I'm not sure what I was thinking making 30 dates a goal....I should have said 3

See Mikey and I started dating when we were seniors in HS.  So obviously if I'm 30 we've been together a long time.  I'm thinking in those 12+ years we have maybe been on 30 dates - total.  Mikey just isn't a date guy and I guess I'm probably not a date girl.  We don't go out to eat much, we almost never go to movies (the last one I saw in a theater was Gran Torino - Get off my lawn..remember that one?) and pretty much any other date-ish thing we don't do or we do it as part of family trip with my sister's fam (she has 5 children...doesn't feel like a 'date-night' if you have 5 children with you when you go bowling).

Maybe my criteria for a date night are too high?
  1. Must not involve shopping.
  2. Must not include anyone under the age of 21.
  3. Must be outside of our home.

I'll keep working, but I'm thinking I'll never meet the 30 date goal....*sigh*

10 comments:

Jenny said...

I know what you mean! We hardly ever go on dates. We don't have a babysitter very often, so we usually go on about 5 a year!

I just turned 30 also!

Jenny said...

Oh and thanks for the flashcard links, I'm going to check them out now.

The Tompkins Family said...

I hear ya! We used to go out ALL the time...out for dinner, a movie, the theatre, whatever, pretty much every weekend. And now 10 months post baby, we've gone for dinner 3 times in total and I wanted to be at home every minute I was gone. Now that we're moving away from any possibility of a babysitter we trust, I regret not savouring those date moments just a bit more! :)

Danifred said...

Bee and I rarely get a chance to go on dates and when we do, it seems to be a rushed affair.
All you can do is TRY :)

Michelle Leigh said...

That's a bummer! My husband and I have been together since his senior year in HS too. Going on 13 years this year! We still try to go on dates, it's even more necessary with 3 kids. You tend to lose yourself if you don't take time for the relationship! I think if it's important to you, you should communicate that with him and he should make the effort. Even just dinner out at Olive Garden could be nice. It doesn't have to be fancy, right? You just have to be together!

jenny said...

my hubby and i have been together since high school too. it gets hard when life gets in the way to make each other a priority. sometimes, a date doesn't mean you have to go out ... maybe just have a nice dinner or watch a movie complete with the popcorn and goodies after the little one is asleep.

good luck either way. love your blog by the way (and thanks for coming by mine)!

Chrystal said...

Dates? What are those? LOL. I hope you make your goal. Tristan is 16 months old. We have been on two dates. Both were dinners thrown by my husbands work that were mandatory. LOL.

t.bird said...

i don't think the hubs & i have gone on a "date" since we got married- oy!

Robyn said...

Just a dinner out for me with no kids is perfect.

Lisa said...

I think it's a cute idea. :)

- Lisa
www.inweighovermyhead.blogspot.com