Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday Night Leftovers - 3/5

I'm participating in Friday Night Leftovers courtesy of Sippy Cups Aren't for Starbucks - quite possibly my favorite blog.

 

  • Is it bad that when I watch dramatic TV involving guns I often critique their gun choice?  For example on Southland two "bad guys" were using .22s.  Really?  A .22?  I shot birds with one as a 10 year old girl.  They "got the job done" on the show, but really?  Pick a .45 or something.  I also applaud choices, like when the detective went to her safe and got out her shotgun to take on the home invaders.  Shot gun is a good choice. 
  • My little girl loves going to her daycare.  LOVES it.  She is very excited each morning and nearly leaps out of my hands to get to her "Ra-la" as Roo calls her daycare lady.  I felt bad about this for a while b/c my supermommy friend would go on and on about how her little guy would cry and cry at drop off, but the fact is, Roo also is super excited to seem at the end of the day.  She runs to the door shouting "Mama" and has started to try climbing up me if I dont pick her up fast enough for her liking.  She is just a little lover of life and I wouldn't want her to be sad for me to leave just so I'm less sad to leave her. 
  • Roo's new obsession is ketchup.  I think if I gave her a bowl of ketchup for supper she'd be in heaven.  If we give her chicken nuggets she will use them to dip in the ketchup and then suck the ketchup off.  She also uses her spoon to just eat the ketchup.  I figure it's a vegetable, right?




So head over to Sippy Cups Aren't for Starbucks and check out the other Friday Night Leftovers.

      17 comments:

      Michelle Leigh said...

      The gun thing: bizarre! I would never know the difference! It's pretty funny though!

      My son LOVES ketchup. He will eat it with a spoon. I HATE ketchup, so you can see it grosses me out.

      The fact that she loves daycare shows she is a well-adjusted child. That's all there is to it.

      The Tompkins Family said...

      Knowing she loves daycare must make it SO much easier to drop her off! And the greeting when you return would be something to look forward to all day! :)

      K @ ourboxofrain said...

      I'm glad Roo is happy at drop off -- Harry always had been, but lately he's been sad. I'm hoping it's just a phase. Hearing gleeful cries of Mama! at the end of the day is fabulous, though.

      As for ketchup, our daycare was sure that Harry would eat scrambled eggs if they added ketchup. But, no, he just hates scrambled eggs. We've tried salsa before -- he licked off the salsa and threw the eggs.

      Jules said...

      My cousin when she was pretty young thought ketchup was a valid food group - always ate it whether she had fries to go with it or not.

      Hubby yells at shows for that too - pretty amusing. I'm just now getting into all the differences.

      Danifred said...

      You are so sweet with your kind words! I'm so glad we've found each other. Love your new header, by the way!

      What a wonderful gift that Roo loves her daycare person. I think that that is such a special (and difficult) thing to find.

      Oh, and for the record, I loathe ketchup. LOATHE it!

      Nic said...

      Those eyes!! She is beautiful!!

      Prairiemaid said...

      Roo is such a darling. I would let her eat whatever she wanted. But, I'm a grandma! LOL

      Thanks for coming to see me!

      BTW your list of 30 is pretty interesting!

      Fishsticks and Fireflies said...

      Your first leftover cracks me up, because hubby and I do the exact same thing! He is a former cop, so we also play the "Why could we pull that guy over?" game when driving. We're dorks.

      Ketchup + macarroni and cheese = ♥

      And I agree with Michelle - I think it is awesome that Roo loves daycare so much, and that it is a sign of knowing how many people love her.

      pandabox33 said...

      I had a ketchup phase in my teens and I don't remember my sisters being in love with it. My mom hates ketchup and, now, the only reason I have a bottle is my boyfriend !

      It's a good thing that she likes daycare. She is well adjusted but also, it means that she is treated well there, she's happy.

      Tiffany said...

      I've always wondered what it is about ketchup that kids love. My older son would eat ketchup with anything! My niece is a "dipper" as well. She loves ketchup and ranch dressing. If you put either of these on her plate, she will dip the food in and suck it off. Whatever keeps them happy!

      Messy Mommy said...

      Hello fellow Nebraskan!!! I don't see to many bloggers from Nebraska but maybe I'm missing them.

      My kids never cried when I left them at daycare and I think it's SO SO SO much easier for the mommy! It's an awesome feeling when they come running to you at the end of the day!

      Vee said...

      Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog. What a cute little girl you have!

      I'm lucky that I am my daughter's preschool teacher....so I don't usually have to worry about drop off -with her. My son, well...that's another story!

      Robyn said...

      Ketchup is good.

      Carrie27 said...

      All three of mine love ketchup. The twins just started dipping food into it, as this is what big sister does, so they have to follow along.

      I have always used ketchup with many of my meals, so it is no surprise to me.

      Jenny said...

      Little kids and ketchup. It's a natural thing!

      Kelly said...

      I just had to say... My son LOVES ketchup (mustard, BBQ sauce, A1, you name it!). If he doesn't want to eat something, just give him some sauce and wa-la! He will eat it. So funny! Your daughter is adorable :)

      Chrystal said...

      Tristan is newly obsessed with dipping. LOL about Southland, My husband was questioning that too. We just found it on demand and watched them all so far. I can't believe we never knew about it before.