Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday Night Leftovers - 3/19


 
  • Anyone seen the Liberty Mutual commercial about "doing the right thing?" With the people apparently "doing the right thing?"  Well, the first scene is a man picking up a little girls toy and the mom smiles at him.  Then in the next scene you have the mom and she slides a coffee cup farther onto a table - anyone else wonder where her kid went?  I always do.  I also wonder why she is touching someone else's coffee.
  • I don't understand why a few weeks ago we got a letter saying the Census was coming.  Really?  Do the American people need mail to announce the coming of mail?  Or is it just a ploy to drum up business for the postal service?  My tax dollars at work...
  • I think Mother Nature just likes to mess with Nebraska sometimes..  On the radio Thursday morning the guy said, "A Winter Storm Advisory begins this evening for North Central Nebraska.  High today in the East 64, in the west 56."  Seriously?!?!  If you are following Winter Storm Warning with a high of 64 then something is wrong with Mother Nature.  Yesterday the high was 76 and this morning it was snowing.  Nice.
  •  I'm starting to think I lead a really exciting life.  Last weekend was the Arenacross and this weekend we are going to the circus for one of my niece's birthday.  I'm excited to see what Roo thinks of it.   
  • Roo woke up a 1 am crying this morning.  I laid there a few minutes trying to see if she'd go back to sleep, but she never does if she's actually crying.  I went and picked her up and rocked her and she almost immediately fell back to sleep, so I tried to lay her back down - no luck.  She woke up and cried again.  So after doing this a few times I took her to bed with me.  She snuggled in and went right to sleep, but I don't sleep well with her with me.  I wake up everytime she makes any little noise or movment.  Then at 5 am she woke up and didn't want to go back to sleep.    Needless to say I'm exhausted today...
Head over to Sippy Cups are not for Starbucks and submit your leftovers!




          14 comments:

          Chrystal said...

          Yay for the circus. Hopefully she loves it! Tristan did. OMG I agree about the census thing. We are in debt and losing natural resources daily. So what do they do, waste money and trees.

          Yay for changing your own tire. I read in a post below this. I would have sat down and cried.

          Robyn said...

          PB's sleeping habits has led to the co-sleeping hell I now live in.

          Mom24 said...

          The letter from the Census made me mad as well. Waste of money.

          Shell said...

          Aw, girl, nights like that are tough! Can you get in a nap today?

          Fishsticks and Fireflies said...

          OMG - the letter from the Census letting me know that the Census was coming TICKED ME OFF! What a HUGE waste of money! I am so glad I am not the only one who found this completely irritating.

          And we are right there with you on the weather - near-70 on Wednesday, and we are now 4-inches in to a predicted 10-inches . . . and it is supposed to be 60 again on Monday. That's spring for you! (I am just to your west, in Denver.)

          Jules said...

          I hate those days - can wear shorts in the AM and by nighttime it's an ice storm.......... We have great weather today and of course tomorrow when I need it, it's going to be cold and rainy. Hope you can get some sleep!

          Messy Mommy said...

          Gotta love the NE weather! 60's yesterday, snowing today. LOVE the census comment, I wondered the same thing!

          Danifred said...

          I wondered the same thing with the census. Really, if our government has no money, why the extra paper and postage?

          We're going to be heading to the circus in a few weeks. I can't wait to hear how Roo liked it!

          Prairiemaid said...

          The circus sounds like fun.

          I'm tired today too. We had one with the earache last night. It was a long night.

          On the pre-census announcement - because they have to make a job for all those free loaders....sorry, I mean dedicated gov't employees to have something to do. Or, so we can make sure the dog eats the mail when the form comes. LOl

          Have a good weekend.

          Beth said...

          I've never noticed that in the Liberty Mutual ad. I'll have to look for it next time. Good perspective on the census. I didn't notice that either. Guess I'm not terribly observant! :)

          Jenny said...

          I haven't seen that ad, but we have Liberty Mutual and they have been so good with our claims!

          I was thinking the same thing about the Census letter. What a waste of money!

          ~Niki~ said...

          Nice 2 meet you :)
          I just started my blog and found yours. I added you to my sidebar :)
          Hugs from AZ :)
          ~niki
          p.s. your blog header is adorable.

          Krystyn said...

          Grrrr...I was sooo upset about the pre-census letter, too. What a waste.

          Copyboy said...

          Cool blog. BTW...I'm 365 to 40. Haha.