Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday Night Leftovers - 3/12

I participating in Friday Night Leftovers over at Sippy Cups are Not for Starbucks.

 


  • Spring Break is today.  We get one day - one.  My sister who teaches in the city (one of the two in the great state of Nebraska) gets a whole week.  I would love a whole week.  I'm getting pretty burnt out, and tend to every year about this time.  I'm ready for summer and it's only March 12th.  What's worse is that the weather today is crap.  Cold, windy, rainy and supposed to be snowy later today.  Yuck!
  • I'm going to an Arenacross tomorrow night with my dad, my bro and Mikey.  Roo is staying with my mom.  I'm so excited.  I love this kinda thing, although we don't go to many events.  My dad has a dirtbike that he rides.  He usually goes to Colorado once a year and rides around in the mountains.  We tell him that maybe an asthmatic near-elderly guy should be giving up the bike or at least trips to the mountains, but he disagrees.
  •  We had considered trying to start potty training Roo.  She tells us sometimes when she needs her diaper changed by saying diaper.  We changed our minds Tuesday night.  While I was gathering up her bath toys after drying her off she ran out to Mikey in the living room.  She said "Daddy!" really excitedly and then proceeded to pee on the floor with a shocked look on her face.  Thinking she doesn't understand this just yet.
  •  Thanks to everyone who left me nice comments on this post.  I was super upset and I'm pretty even keel most of the time.  Kinda made me feel like I was in HS and the cool girl was telling me I wasn't cool enough to hang with her.  (Thankfully that never really happened to me in HS.) I have started commenting less, especially if I'm the first comment, but I suspect I'll get over that.  And as my hubs told me, I'm not great at fake knitting aka with a loom and he's not planning to give up remote control anytime soon.
  • Well I better wrap up the leftovers (get it, wrap up the leftovers?  how clever am I? ;) ).  Roo is officially addicted to Wii: Just Dance and is pulling on me to play along.  If you missed her dancing, I posted a video here.

        9 comments:

        Krystyn said...

        I would def wait on the potty training. It was so long and drawn out for us.

        Amy said...

        You commented on my PSF, so I wanted to return the niceness!

        But I also wanted to throw my 2 cents in on your post from earlier, about commenting and blogging faux pas. I don't think you did anything wrong. I've actually only been blogging for a couple of months now, and I definitely comment often. My theory is that I want to show bloggers that I appreciate their photography/editing/writing skills. :)

        Robyn said...

        Have fun at arenacross.

        Stepping On Cheerios said...

        I loved "The Potty Song" Video for potty training. There is a girl and a boy version. Just let her play with the potty, wear it on her head, and watch the video, my boys loved it, even though it's old and super cheesey!

        Danifred said...

        Somehow (and I don't know how), I missed your post from earlier this week and I have to say, I think that the other blogger is the weirdo. Now, you must email me immediately so that I can also "stalk" her... kidding... but seriously, why put public information out there and open up comments if you don't want to hear them? She's the freak. And don't ever stop commenting on my blog :)
        Bean pees on the floor almost every time she's naked. And? Is shocked Every. Single. Time.

        Jules said...

        Is the just dance a good game? I'm debating on what dance-style Wii game to get. I'm very much a beginner in mountain biking, but yeah, it's so much fun. Even after I crashed.

        The Tompkins Family said...

        I laughed out loud when I read about Roo peeing on the floor with a shocked look on her face!

        Messy Mommy said...

        We have 3 days for Spring Break and I'm going to lose my mind! :) I'll trade ya!

        You have to join the Just Dance contest!

        Fishsticks and Fireflies said...

        One day?! YUCK! And I hope you had fun at ArenaCross!