Thursday, March 18, 2010

Book #3 - Best Friends by Jennifer Weiner

I know I have read a Jennifer Weiner book before, but for the life of me cannot remember which one it is.  I had some great suggestions for new authors and books on my last post, but sadly our library is semi-pathetic and this was one of the few authors that was suggested that they had. 




However, I’m glad that the library did have this book as I really enjoyed it.

Aptly titled, Best Friends is about a pair of best friends.  Current time is after their high school reunion and it has flashbacks to when they were little and then when they were in high school.   It’s very involved and that is what makes it good.  There is a lot to consider.

The only thing I didn’t like about it was the ending.  It kinda seemed like the author reached a page number and then thought she better wrap it up quickly, so she did.   Better than a long drawn-out ending I suppose, but reminded me of reading my students’ papers.  If I assign them to write a page; that’s what they write, a single page.  No matter where they are when that page is up, they’re done.

Overall I’d recommend it.  I already have my next book.  If I’m going to read 30 this year I need to pick up the pace a bit, but I read a lot more in the summer than I do during the school year.

4 comments:

MJW said...

Another blogger friend of mine was reading 100 books in 100 days however; she still on her quest. I can send you her blog if you want?

The Tompkins Family said...

I liked that one too! We seem to have the same taste in books!

Danifred said...

LOVE J. Weiner. Again, can't wait to read leisurely again!

Marie said...

I'm finishing up a couple books I've been reading. Glad to add something to my list as I get ready to head to the library.