Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What I meant to say on this very bad, no good, rotten, horrible day.

I love the idea of WIMTS Wednesday that I found today.  I am playing along, although I will warn you that it's not very happy-go-lucky.




When my friend made the comment that I was “starting be just like her as a mom,” and I replied, “I guess in a way I suppose.”  WIMTS was “Please don’t insult me like that.”

And then on a more serious note… It was a rough day today.  Our school hosted an event and didn’t have school, but staff had to “guard doors.”  These WIMTS were from today

When stranger-man in the hall today looked at my teary-eyed face and said, “gee is sitting here that bad?” and I said, “nope” and smiled.  WIMTS was “F-you, I just found out that one of my student’s father died this morning and you should move away from me now before I get up outta this chair and beat you senseless.”

When one of the nice young men I am proud to call my student looked at my teary-eyed face in the hall today and said “Are you okay?  Can I give you a hug?”  and I said “I’m doing alright, thanks for asking, how are you doing?”  WIMTS was “Thank you, I needed that.  Kids like you are why I do this job and you mean a lot to me…now see that guy over there?  Will you go kick his butt?”

Sorry to be a downer as I played along today, but I’m hoping writing about it will help me feel better.  Plus I have so many WIMTS moments that I hope to play along again.

Editing to add something here:   I didn't actually hug the kid...I'm not a hugger, especially not a teenage boy hugger.  Plus he was sorta joking with me b/c I make it pretty clear that I don't like people touching me (only exception the hubs, Roo and my parents),  I avoided the reception line at both my hs graduation and my wedding, but that's a whole nother post!

6 comments:

Jen K. said...

I'm so sorry you had such a bad day. HUGS. I hope tomorrow is better for you.

Jaymi said...

I'm so glad that student was there for you! Kid hugs are the BEST!

Brittney said...

Arent kids the best... how is it that a 5 year old knows how to comfort someone better than an adult SMH! Hope you have a better day tomorrow!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Um yea... sometimes people don't have filters or tact!

Chief said...

seriously... you had a bad one!

Thanks for playing and I hope next week goes better for you!

uncomplicateme said...

Sorry for the hard day. I hope today is a better one! :)