Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Today is the day...

It's my birthday.  I'm 30 years old.

I’m not sure why turning 30 is having such an affect on me.  I know I’m not “old,” but I’m also not “young” anymore.  Something about that bothers me.  It’s like I don’t have any more excuses to not be an “adult” at all times.  Before turning 30 it seemed like there was always “later.”  Now later is here and I want to be better 30+ than I was 29-.

To help me be better at 30 then I was before, I decided to come up with 30 goals for my 30th year (although technically it’s my 31st year as I have been alive for 30 already, but you know what I mean). 

I wasn’t completely successful coming up with 30 goals.  So far I only have 22, but I figure in a whole year some more will come to me.

I almost reconsidered a few just because I thought, “well this will be embarrassing if people know that I need this to be a goal in order to do it,” but the truth is the truth.  For example,  #2 – brush teeth daily, you might be thinking “really? She needs a goal for this?  What a wackjob!”  But that’s the fact, I do need a goal.  I HATE brushing my teeth.  Hate it.  So I figured make it a goal, it’ll be come a habit and I’ll be set.

Other goals are maybe a little too easy.  For example, #23 – Go to Europe might sound like a crazy dream of a goal but I already have plans to go with aunt and my cousin’s school group.   I’m pretty excited about it and hope that goal #4 and #8 work into #23 nicely.

So Happy Birthday to me!

2 comments:

Fishsticks and Fireflies said...

I am starting from the beginning and getting caught-up on your blogging. Happy Belated Birthday and what a wonderful, wonderful idea! I think blogging is an amazing way to hold yourself accountable and to get support as you work on your goals. Good luck!

Ellemes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.