Wednesday, February 10, 2010

So far so good

I know it's only been one day, but so far I've been holding up my daily goals.  I need to get some kind of counter for my pepsi goals.  I'll have to work on that.  I'm having one today so I guess I won't have one for a while.

I was looking around to see if other people had blogged about being 30.  I think my google skills failed me on this one.  I did find this one which is not really what I am blogging about, but then I'm not much of an artist.   This one seems a little more similar, since I am a mom and that is a major focus of mine.  I added it to my google reader.  Seems like I have a lot in common with her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My birthday yesterday was a really nice day.  I started by getting Roo up and dressed and then we opened the card my mom had given me.   It had money in it and played "Girls just wanna have fun,"  which Roo loved and was dancing her little booty off too.

We had a late start at school for a teacher inservice.  The teachers sent me flowers (we pool money every year and send everyone flowers on their birthday - it's nice).   Some of the kids also sang.  I had one kid tell me I "wasn't that old, just middle-aged."

At home, Mikey brought home Chinese for supper and got a roll thing from DQ, which was super sweet.  We ordered a sewing machine for me which was my gift from him, but as a surprise he also told me that he had taken Friday off of work.  I have it off of school as well so that is a nice treat.  I also got cards in the mail from my MIL and SIL, was nice.  I am excited to use my birthday money to stock my sewing supplies and get some nice fabric to do some projects with.  I'm hoping to make Roo some clothes and make a purse for myself.


I also have been reading more and more blogs.  I love reading what other mothers write - seems like we all go through pretty similar things and can learn from each other.  I also have been looking for fun sewing projects.  I have been posting on several of the blogs I have on my google reader, even though the only way I know how to comment is to actually go to blog (if anyone is reading this that has a way to do it just from reader, please comment!).    I still feel sorta funny when I comment - like why do they care what I think - but I hope that if anyone comes to this blog that they will comment.

3 comments:

Danifred said...

Comments are like hugs, we all love them :)

Fishsticks and Fireflies said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! Someday I hope to take up sewing - check out http://www.etsy.com for some inspiration - all handmade, lots of Moms, and lots of bloggers.

And Danifred is right - comments are just like hugs! And, in general, the more you give, the more you receive. (And as far as I know, there is no way to comment directly from your Reader - if you here different, let me know!)

uncomplicateme said...

I agree with Danifred - comments are the *best*. :) I saw your post on your camera strap (SO cute!) I don't know if you've come across this blog yet or not, but she's always making (sometimes sewing) something crafty! http://crapivemade.blogspot.com