Sunday, February 28, 2010

Recipe 1 - Couscous with Turkey, Apricots and Almonds

My requirements for trying a new recipe included that it was something totally new and different to me. Not such a tough requirement since I'm pretty plain jane when it comes to food. So trying this recipe, Couscous with Turkey, Apricots and Almonds, was definitely a step out of the box.  I found it while trying to find a recipe to use up my leftover turkey.

 It's pretty easy to make.  Starts with making some couscous, which I had to google b/c I've never had it and didn't know what it was.  Then you saute a red bell pepper and add in turkey, green peppers, dried apricots and toasted almonds.

I'm not the greatest cook so I need easy, and this recipe was easy.  Mikey liked it, although he was VERY skeptical of the ingredient list.  He noted, and I agreed, that it needed a sauce.  Like it was kind of dry or something, yet tasty.  It was also incredibly filling.  Roo had some couscous but not the mixture b/c she had already eaten and just sat with us while we ate.



I'm on the hunt for more new recipes.  I've bookmarked a few I want to try, including a couple from some blogs that looked delicious.

6 comments:

Robyn said...

I've been trying to make some different stuff myself. Though I would have skipped this one since it has apricots. Sometimes I think I have to get over my dislikes for certain things and just try them in another way.

Fishsticks and Fireflies said...

I have to admit that the list of ingredients had me a bit skeptical as well, but the end result looks really good! I will add this to my To Try list.

The Tompkins Family said...

Looks tasty! I've amazingly got all the ingredients in the house right now so I'll have to try it this week.

Crazed Mama said...

Wow that looks so yummy! Thanks for posting

Danifred said...

I think that looks delicious! I love apricots in my meals, actually I love any fruit. I'll have to give this one a try.

Chrystal said...

Ohh sounds and looks so good! I am adding it to my upcoming meal plan.