Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday Night Leftovers - 2/26

I'm participating in Friday Night Leftovers again courtesy of Sippy Cups are Not for Starbucks.


  • On Monday Danifred over at Sippy Cups are not for Starbucks wrote about preschool.  So, I had to share this, b/c I think it's funny.  Roo will likely attend "Tiny Bison" a preschool in the town that we live in, which is named after their high school mascot.  She will likely attend K-12 in the school that I teach in, and our mascot is the Warriors.  I think it will be funny how she'll be a "Little Warrior" among all those "Tiny Bison."  I promise not to send her with any weapons.
  • I don't like touching people.  I avoid it at all costs.  I don't even like standing too near people.  I don't enjoy shaking hands.  I have even pretended to be sick or a germ-a-phobe to get out of any touching.  Nothing traumatic, that I know of, happened to me; I'm just not a toucher.  I do hug my hubs, my lil Roo, my nieces and nephews, my parents and the occasional crying teenager, but both the parents and the teenagers are incredibly rare. 
  • We are in my favorite chapter in Econ - Price.  I love this chapter.  Yes, I'm a dork.  But I have tons of fun using Price is Right games to get the seniors brains going in the mornings.
  •  I got Wii Just Dance this week because these ladies look like they are having tons of fun.  I don't think any amount of coaxing will get me to wiggle my jiggle on camera though.
  • Roo's personality is just way too funny sometimes.  She has mega blocks that she plays with that are sort of like huge legos.  When she puts them away they have to be loose, not stuck together.  If Mikey or I play with her and put away unseparated ones she pulls them back out and separates them - yes we are horrible parents and were putting them away together just to mess with her and confirm her OCDness.
  • We've also been trying to decide if we should cut Roo's hair.  She's rockin a mullet like no other, but we can pull the mullet up into cute little pony-tails.  The problem is that she pulls out the ponies when she goes to daycare so I don't bother putting them except on weekends and weeknights if we are going somewhere.  The rest of the time she looks ridiculous.  She also manages to get some amazing bedhead.
 


        9 comments:

        uncomplicateme said...

        The preschool thing cracked me up. Our high school was also the Warriors although I don't think it's possibly the high school where you teach or I would be totally freaked out (in a good way!). :)

        My son has some rediculous hair right now, it like sticks up all over, but I figure it's only ok for that to happen once in his life so I'm just going to go with it for now. :)

        Jules said...

        How do you like the Wii game - I was thinking of getting DDR but undecided.

        Having hair troubles as well - we just trimmed the girls' bangs since they started trying to eat the hair clips.

        Danifred said...

        I love that she'll be a Tiny Bison! When Tot was little she went to Little Gym where she was a BEAST! I always thought that was just the most bizarre name to give a bunch of 12 month olds!

        For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

        Cutting their hair is hard...my boys look so much more grown up so much every time we get their hair cut.

        pandabox33 said...

        Love da hair ! It's a great picture, cute girl. :)
        Not a toucher either. I fake the flu to get out of kissing people.

        The Tompkins Family said...

        Oh my gosh, she is so stinkin' cute!!!

        Chrystal said...

        I am jealous you have a wii and jealous your kids have enough hair to cut. LOL. Yah we could never be friends, LOL. I am a hugger.

        HereWeGoAJen said...

        I vote that you keep the pigtails for a little longer. They are too cute to cut!

        Fishsticks and Fireflies said...

        I am not a big toucher either - it just creeps me out to think where other people have had their hands. I am the nut that pulls my sleeves down over my hands to open doors in public.

        And the hair, oh the hair! Who knew the drama with it would start so young?!